Bliss's top tips for healthy gorgeous skin!!
1.) Never go to bed with makeup on. Left on overnight make-up seeps into your pores, clogs them, and congests your skin. Make sure that you wash your face twice at the end of the day. Or cleanse, then tone this will remove the final traces of make up!
2.) Exfoliate twice weekly. If you’re skin is sensitive exfoliate only once per week. If you are able to then go for regular facial treatments then even better. You could even try a Microdermabrasion facial which is especially good for fine lines, wrinkles, acne or acne scarring and crows feet. Always applying the SPF!
3.) Use facial masks regularly.
4.) Moisturise your face both day and night. Put your skin first. After you wash it at night, put on some kind of skin treatment, let that sink in, then put a moisturizer over that. In the morning, do the same.
5.) Hydrate your face. Spritz your skin to hydrate, even over makeup, frequently throughout the day.
6.)Treat your face gently. Never pull or tug at your skin. Be gentle whilst cleansing, toning and moisturising. This will lessen the chance that you'll damage your skin and get wrinkles.
7.) Keep your face covered when you're in the sun. Always use an SPF, a minimum of 15, 30 even better!! Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes and prevent squinting. SPF does NOT stop you getting a tan..... never go for a tan at the expense of your skin!
8.) Eat fresh foods. Eat lots of veggies, fruits, nuts. Raw foods like salads are even better and drink lots of water.
9.) Let go of stress. Stress can show on your face, no matter how well you take care of your skin. Do something your enjoy everyday, whether it's watching TV, going shopping or taking a yoga class. Your face reflects what's going on inside of your mind.
10.) Take regular exercise and get plenty of fresh air (remembering your SPF!!).
The Kitchen Cupboard Skin Cleansers
One doesn't need to spend fortunes on products to look after your skin! Some of the best products for the skin can be found in you cupboards! Here over the next couple of a days Bliss will give you ideas & tips to create your very own delicious range of skin care products.
Yoghurt & Honey
Proven to be successful in refining pores, yoghurt contains high amounts of Lactic Acid, and AHA's (alpha hydroxy acids). It exfoliates the skin and stimulates collagen production. Ideal for the most sensitive skin, yoghurt contains no salylic acid which makes it gentle on the skin. Its thick and creamy texture creates a paste-like consistency that is ideal for any face mask.
As a natural humectant honey retains water to help keep the skin soft and moisturized. It also functions as an antimicrobial agent and can is great to use and treat minor burns and cuts. Honey is also an anti-irritant, so again ideal for sensitive skin. Honey makes a great binder for all the other ingredients in any mask.
Moisturizing Mask (dry skin)
2 tablespoons plain yogurt (the fattier the better)
1 tablespoon honey
1-2 tablespoons cooked & cooled oatmeal
Mix everything together until it forms a smooth paste. Spread over the face and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with a warm washcloth.
Calming Mask (irritated skin)
˝ cup of plain yogurt
2 tablespoons Aloe Vera gel or juice
1 tablespoon honey
˝ peeled cucumber
Add a few drops of chamomile oil
Mix everything in a blender. Leave on face for 10-15 minutes.
Aspirin Mask (acne)
5 uncoated aspirins
2-3 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 dollop honey
Mix the honey & yogurt in a bowl. Drop the aspirins into the yogurt, and wait for them to dissolve (if you'd like you can also add water/aloe juice to help the tablets dissolve faster). Mix into a paste, and leave on the face for 10-20 minutes.
NOTE: do not use if you have an aspirin allergy.
Cleansing Scrub (dull skin)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely ground almonds
- ˝ teaspoon lemon juice
Mix everything together. Rub gently onto face for 1-2 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
Correct Breathing & Body Benefits
It is a very important for many reason to breath correctly. Most of us shallow breath and do not take in enough air or oxygen needed for optimum body health. The correct way to breath is diaphragmatically (through the diaphram). Taking in the correct amount of air will oxygenate body cells properly and is important for respiratory, circulatory, the nervous system, digestive system, endocrine & unrinary system and of course the skin.
1. Correct breathing reduces chest pain, helps eliminate waste & reduces mental & physical fatique.
2. It improves blood circulation. It relieves congestion, inccrease the supply of oxygen & nurtients to cells. Inefficient oxygen supply causes strain to the heart.
3. Breathing correctly can bring mental clarity as well as better reation times. It increases productivity, eases stress on the nervous system and balances the brains hemisphere.
4. Diaphragmatic breathing stimulates the deigestive system by massagin & stimulating the internal organs therfore aiding function. During digestion the digestive system works with the endocrine system and deep nasal breathing can help regulate these bodily fucntions. The endocrine system with hormaones regulates the body metabolism & fat distribution. With decreased oxygen intake the system struggles and hinder gladular function.
5. Shallow breathing also puts pressure on the organs of elimination. Deeper breathing anables these to function better and helps to prevent swelling & fluid retention within the body.
6. Because breathing correctly increases oxygen & nutrients the skin will show benefits of this. It can have a visable effect on wrinkles anf fine lines as well as help acne. It also adds colour to the skin.